31 Jul Veterans Centre Volunteer Program
Have you a lived military experience and want to give back?
In the last financial year, the Veteran Centre assisted over 150 current and former servicemen, servicewomen and their families. We couldn’t have achieved this without our volunteers and fully recognise the valuable contributions they make in the community.
Having learned from this, the Centre is now offering a holistic, client-centred program support to support our community; the ‘Wellbeing Program’ enables our volunteers to assist through:
1. Early and preventative intervention
2. Facilitate pathways to professional help
3. Transition from Defence and into the community
Our volunteers have a lived military experience and understand their role is to be dependable, engaged, authentic and responsive to the needs of our community.
The ‘Wellbeing program’ will skill our volunteers to:
• Recognise warning signs and symptoms of mental health issues
• Give appropriate initial help and empathetic support
• Facilitate pathways to professional help; refer, refer, refer.
We are also in need of volunteer Advocacy Officers!
This is one potential pathway for those who complete the Wellbeing training program and want to specialise in Military Legislation.
How do I find out more?
Please call: 0409 154 074