16 Mar An update from Dee Why RSL
Members and guests of Dee Why RSL,
I understand that there is a great deal of uncertainly around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its effect on the club, and I want to ensure you that we are taking advice from NSW Health and ClubsNSW seriously, and are continuously monitoring the situation as it evolves.
As of right now, day-to-day operations will be unaffected, and we have already taken the below proactive steps to ensure that Dee Why RSL remains a safe place for everyone:
- All persons who have returned from overseas from midnight Monday 16 March 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by law to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result, will not be permitted to enter the premises
- All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter the premises
- All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath. Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises. We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
- We encourage all staff, members, guests and visitors to practise good hygiene at all times. There has been signage placed in bathrooms as a reminder
- Staff are discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members, guests and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses
- Increased sanitisation of “high touch areas” including bathrooms, door handles and buttons
- Hand sanitiser placed at all bars and reception and automatic hand sanitiser stations around the club
As always, I appreciate your cooperation, understanding and continued support, for Dee Why RSL and its wonderful employees.
Dee Why RSL